Tuesday, April 18, 2017

The End Is Near

I am passing off Book Two to the publisher in a matter of days.

So what, right? All two of you reading this are wondering what the big deal is.

The big deal is this: my second book baby is going out into the world, and all I can do is hope he isn't rejected by his peers, shoved around in the hallways until his 'kick me' sign flaps in the wind while he charters a bus home to Mama.

But good, bad or ugly, it's time to be at peace with Book Two and let it go out on it's own, because Book Three is suddenly begging to be completed. When this happens, scenes pour out without my consent, begging to be noticed like cleavage on Dancing With The Stars.

They're in your face so often, you just can't ignore them.

So I'm in the writing zone once again, and it's so good to be back. I missed me. In case you were wondering, I got back here simply by diving back into Book Two for a thorough edit.

I'd put the second book away for months before I went back to it, and I think it was the best thing I could have done.

I have put as much effort into this as I did "Balance", but in less time and with a far more critical eye. There are things in that published manuscript I can't read now without cringing. But I'm hoping I can read the published version of Book Two in all it's hardcover glory without needing a shot or two of brown liquor to get through it.

I can't wait for you to see the cover and learn what the title of Book Two is.
...and see the new playlist.
...and fall in love with these characters all over again.

Once I went back to them, I sure as hell did.

Spoiler Alert: Book Two will end leaving you wanting to know what happens next, the same way "Balance" did. But Book Three is on it's way, I promise - and that might be it for this band of characters.

With the end of this series, I know I will experience my first true heartache as a writer that's actually written something. I hope ending the love affair I have with these made-up people isn't as bad as a real break-up, because boy, those have been known to fuck me up. I may need therapy once this series is complete.

Second Spoiler Alert: Book Two is a lot more heated than the first one.

You know what I mean, right?

*whispers
          *There's a lot more s-e-x.

Hold on to your fuck-me shoes. It's gonna be one hell of a ride.

Ciao,
MJ








2 comments:

  1. Just reviewed Balance on my blog thesexyreader.com. Nice job, in spite of some hiccups. Would love to read ARC for the second book in the series. Do you have it available?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The second book is with the publisher being prepped for release. I'd be happy to contact you directly to chat about an ARC. I truly appreciate the feedback and the review on your blog!

      Delete