Friday, September 1, 2017

Starting Over

Feels like autumn is in the air here in New York!

Our temps dropped to the forties last night. Brr.

I'm taking a last minute trip to Florida in an attempt to hold onto summer, so this blog is overdue as I've been busy preparing for this after my first Barnes & Noble signing last weekend - which I'm told by the store was a success. I've been asked back for the release of Book Three of The Amped Series in November.

I can't wait to release this, the final book of The Amped Series trilogy.

It is long.

It is my first HEA.

And I hope you'll love it as much as I do.

Pencils and crayons and folders in varying colors are strewn about my dining room, so that means back to school next week. What is it about September that brings about the feeling of new beginnings?

Typically, when this time of year comes around, I need a new beginning.

Last year at this time, my Dad and I suffered a devastating loss from a fire that brought down his three-story historical building. Up with it went forty years of history where he practiced law. Before he became a solo practitioner in the late nineties, we'd also worked in that building with my uncle and, before that, they both shared that office with their grandfather.

The circa 1800s building had many lives before this.

We have spent the last year starting over, and reminiscing, and missing the gentleman tenant we lost in that fire. With the help of our community and our family and friends, we recovered. We were lucky enough to rescue some very important client documents along with some random artifacts, like my post office key that dangles from an old Egyptian coin. I never thought I'd find that in a huge pile of rubble.

A year later, I also never could have imagined I would be on the verge of having three full-length novels in print.

I wanted to take a quick moment to shout out to my amazing family and friends for their support and encouragement because, without them, The Amped Series would never exist. My signing last week would have flopped. And my books would not be what they are.

So THANK YOU all. This is turning into quite the ride and I'm forever grateful to have you all with me!


No comments:

Post a Comment